Job Title: Service Engineering
Employer: Airbus Defence & Space
Description: The ILS manager role is one of several that must be filled by a Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person (SQEP) before the UK MoD will award contracts with a significant support or Service Management element.
The ILS Manager is accountable for all ILS and Supportability Engineering activities for projects undertaken by Airbus Defence & Space.
The ILS Manager will be responsible for tailoring the ILS and Supportability Engineering approach to best satisfy the Customer’s requirements.
The ILS Manager must possess sufficient skill in all ILS disciplines to be able to undertake ILS and Supportability Analyses and create appropriate reports.
For large programmes, the ILS manager will be accountable for the planning and execution of all ILS elements relevant to the project undertaken by subordinates and indirect reports.
The ILS Manager must a have a good working knowledge of:
- ILS Planning and Tailoring
- Supportability Analysis
- Reliability, Maintainability, Availability & Testability Analysis (RM&T), including:1) Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
2) Data [a.k.a. Defect] Recording And Corrective Action System (DRACAS) analysis
- Maintenance Planning
- Supply Support Planning (in conjunction with Project Sourcing and including Obsolescence Management)
- Training and Training Support (in conjunction with the Training Manager)
- Asset and Configuration Management (in conjunction with the CM team)
- Support and Test Equipment Planning
- Battery Management Planning
- Facilities Management (in conjunction with Project Management and Training Manager)
- ILS Resource Planning & Management
- Packaging, Handling, Storage, and Transportation
- In-Service Support Planning (including Computer Resources Support)
- Technical Information and Data (including Technical Publications and the Logistics Information Repository)
- Appropriate MoD, NATO, ASD, National and International standards
The ILS Manager should also have a working knowledge of:
- Project Management
- Transition Planning
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Requirements Analysis
- Quality Assurance
- Product Safety Assessment
- Human Factors Integration
To achieve this role, the ILS Manager must be able to exercise the following skills:
- Acting as main Point of Contact for all ILS activities, including logistics support, element integration and overall supportability issues
- Develop, coordinate, maintain and update the Integrated Logistics Support Plan (ILSP)
- Create, Manage and update ILS documentation, including ILS Element Plans, technical data/documentation plans, reports, technical data lists, ILS instructions, transition plans and procedures
- Develop, coordinate, maintain and update the Supportability Analysis (SA) Plan documenting the approach to Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) and defining the ideal support requirements for the system design
- Planning, controlling and implementing measures and activities to establish the logistical support system
- Maintain the schedule of ILS events/milestones and coordinate logistics concerns with other project events.
- Review project design and documentation ensuring all logistics considerations are addressed
- Identify, analyse and anticipate risks against work packages and establish risk mitigation strategies
- Conduct of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, & Testability (RAMT) analyses
- Analysis, evaluation and testing of integrated support requirements to determine if the ILS and SA concepts satisfy the support requirements
- Ensuring that all supply related activities, such as Packaging Handling Storage and Transportation (PHS&T), spares provisioning, equipment delivery and warranty related shipments, are carried out on time
- Implementing and maintaining current ILS methodologies, tools and processes
- Strong skills in interpreting and producing, and tracking technical documentation
- Strong communications skills within the department to provide confidence and direction to 2L peers
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbally with stakeholders at all levels, from end users to project managers, and architects
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Accountable for the performance of the ILS and Supportability Analysis elements that are delivered
For more information please download the job description.